Friday, April 18, 2014

Picture yourself on a map

We have this saying here...well a saying that just started on Kabula Hill with Jenn (the project manager) and I.  She started it off one day by saying out of the blue..."picture yourself on a map right now".  So I did.  And you know what?  I'm a loooong way from home.  Sometimes we can get caught up in our lives and forget where we actually are.  For me I'm in Africa working on a nutrition project but every once and awhile I forget that I'm in a foreign country and that I'm driving on the "wrong" side of the road.  Life begins to just feel....normal.  So when we are driving back from clinic and looking out at the Malawian countryside or in a new place in Malawi we haven't been, Jenn or I will just say "picture yourself on a map right now" and it is a way I center myself.  Picture YOURSELF on a map...


No comments:

Post a Comment