Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Let the games begin!

The trip of a lifetime. A dream come true. A bucket list item. These are all things that I would describe this trip to Brazil that years ago became a goal, something to work and plan for.  And then when it is finally here, I almost can't believe it.  No sweat or tears were produced to make this dream a reality but a certain amount of planning and dedication (some would say absolute fandom) was involved. It started off as a trip I was determined to go on and was fully expecting to brave World Cup on my own (with or without tickets).  Luckily the universe intervened and not only did my father want to join in on the madness, but it was his name that was serendipitously pulled from the lottery hat for tickets.  Unclear if the lottery actually uses a hat but that is what I envision.  My worst case scenario of only watching games in the streets with several body-painted fans will not be realized. Instead I will be watching 5 games in stadiums across Brazil, including the famous Maracana stadium. <Insert fangirl squeal> because this is as good as it gets for soccer fans.  Ok let's be real--it's fútbol. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ Spain has been my team ever since I first saw a Real Madrid game the year I studied abroad (many players from the team also play for the national team). There was no looking back from there.  I've since followed La Rioja religiously to EuroCup and WorldCup wins.  I'm excited to see the Spanish national team live in action but let's not get it twisted I'll be cheering on the USA in the streets of Brazil when they air the games 👍

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment